Sunday, April 03, 2005

In meum si credas, possum seccedo

I am at a key moment, I believe. I am nearing the end of my first degree from the University of Alberta. I have three weeks of work left to do and then I can declare victory and move on to the next stage. I am also at an extremely high level of confidence in my job and I am ready to take advantage of all the responsibilities and opportunities it affords me to fully realize my position. My personal life, while still wishing to remain personal, looks headed for an all time high, if not already there. Reflecting on this today, I realized two things. First, and foremost, is the realization that the next three weeks will be the most challenging three weeks of my life personally, professionally and academically. While I may make this sound daunting, it is in fact not. Certainly, it is a challenge, but it isn’t a challenge like say, fighting terminal cancer. It is a challenge in that I will be compelled to hit high markers that I have hit before, but only in certain instances. Unfortunately, for me, my personal, academic and professional lives are interdependent. I should qualify that; that the various aspects of my life are contingent is something I have strived for. On one hand, success in all these aspects yields great rewards. However, a failure in one of these facets often means automatic failure in the others. So it is only unfortunate in the respect that it can be unfortunate. Thus, failure is not an option in any, not that it usually is anyway, but even less so in this case, at least from my point of view.

Secondly, I have never felt more confident in my abilities than I do at this moment. What I have recently learned is that while it is vitally important to believe in yourself and prove your capabilities to yourself, that belief will oscillate in relation to your actual results. However, you can accomplish illustrious things when you have others that believe in you regardless of your record of achievement, and will, in fact, be the ones to help you up when you fail. These people look at what you can do, not what you have done. It just takes one individual. Having people like that empower you more than any transcript, trophy or paycheck ever could. Thus, right now, I think I can do damn near anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home