Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Aestas Album Litterarium

Summer is fast approaching, and with it, the implementation of my 'Stuff To Do' list. This is a catalog of deferred tasks, books, games and other items that I wanted to do during the school year, but told myself that I couldn't because I didn't have the time. A big part of that is my list of books to read, which is usually a large list, most of which will not be completed, in all honesty. However, this year I think I have a list of books that reflect my interests and station in life rather than recommendations from friends and family. I'm goinng to start with Cunt since I can borrow the book and it has the best title. The Frank Miller books will be day-reads and of all the books, the Bordo/Butler books are going to be the 'must-reads', since they will offer a good introduction to feminist and queer theory, which I have only a basic understanding of. Look how deliciously cosmopolitan I am.

1.) 300 by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley

2.) On The Genealogy of Morals/Ecce Homo by Friedrich Nietzsche

3.) Guns, Germs and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond

4.) Writing and Difference by Jacques Derrida
(I probably won't finish this book, Mssr. Derrida and I have a fractured past, but I am going to give myself one last kick at the poststructuralist/deconstructionist can, and if I still don't get it, then fine, I am defeated)

5.) Democracy Matters: Winning the Fight Against Imperialism by Cornel West

6.) Driving Mr. Albert: A Trip Across America with Einstein's Brain by Michael Paterniti

7.) Allan Quatermain by H. Rider Haggard

8.) Gender Trouble by Judith Butler

9.) Unbearable Weight: Feminism, Western Culture and the Body by Susan Bordo

10.) Cunt: A Declaration of Independence by Inga Muscio

11.) Sin City: Booze, Broads & Bullets by Frank Miller

12.) Sin City: Hell & Back by Frank Miller
(This one is 312 pages long! That's a gi-fucking-gantic comic book)

13.) The Incredible Hulk by Various Authors/Artists.
(Dan has been collecting this title for some time. It has always been my favorite comic, so I am going to to get what I can out of Dan's collection.)

14.) The Spartan Army by Nicholas Sekunda et al.

I will add/delete from this list over the summer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

That's okay, Jan. Dane has lent me his copy. Thank you, though.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 6:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home